By using the Website, you consent to the data practices described in this Policy and agree to be bound by it. If you do not consent to be bound by this Policy you are prohibited from using the Website.
Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our Website, StormWise may collect Personally Identifiable Information from you. “Personally Identifiable Information” is any information you voluntarily share with us (or third parties that you use and direct to share information with us) that personally identifies you and your related identifiers and may include:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Fax Number
- Date of Birth
- Internet or network activity
- IP Address
- Geolocation Data
- Information collected from internet tracking technologies
- Information related to your use of the Website
- Financial information for payment processing
- Information we infer based on the Personally Identifiable Information you share with us
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose Personally Identifiable Information or through StormWise’ public message boards (if any), this information may be collected and used by third parties.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain Personally Identifiable Information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Website. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Website; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Website. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
The Personally Identifiable Information you voluntarily provide to StormWise, whether directly or through a third-party, is used for many reasons, including the ability of StormWise to:
- Identify you and compare information for accuracy;
- Provide, manage, and improve our Website, services, and goods for you;
- Contact you when you need us and to inform you of other products or services available from StormWise and its affiliates;
- Administer our Website and make sure it’s working as expected;
- Conduct statistical analyses of Website user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Website;
- Analyze staff training and/or for quality control purposes;
- Personalize your experience on our Website or through our services and goods;
- Measure the effect of our ads;
- Market our business;
- Manage, operate, and protect our business;
- Inform and make business related decisions;
- Enforce this Policy;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent illegal, unlawful, or harmful activity; and
- Comply with laws and enforce our agreements with you and with other people with whom we work.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
StormWise does not sell, rent, or lease its customer information to third parties.
StormWise may share data with trusted third parties to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, run or market our business, arrange for deliveries, and comply with our legal obligations. In such circumstances, we will not provide further notice to you beyond what is in this Policy, unless otherwise required by law. All such third parties are prohibited from using your Personally Identifiable Information except to provide those services to StormWise, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
StormWise may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on StormWise or the Website; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of StormWise; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Website, or the public.
The categories of third-party persons or entities with whom we may share your Personally Identifiable Information may include:
- Service providers and advisors that help us with marketing and advertising, conducting research and analysis, compliance, corporate governance, data storage, communications, security, legal issues, recruiting support and related services, business and customer management, financial management, technology, website hosting, and other third parties with whom we transact to manage, operate, and protect our business;
- Card networks and payment processors;
- Courts, governments, regulators, and law enforcement when accompanied by a lawful subpoena or other legal documentation that requires us to respond;
- Third parties that you request we connect with;
- Third parties that help us fight spam and abuse;
- Business partners, affiliates, and associates;
- Social media providers;
- Video and teleconferencing providers;
- Website host providers;
- Advertisers; and
- Other third parties so we can 1) comply with laws or comply with legal process served on StormWise or the Website; 2) facilitate a merger, purchase, reorganization, or sale of part or all of our business; 3) comply with card association rules; 5) protect and defend the rights or property of StormWise; and 4) prevent harm or illegal activity.
By using our Website you agree that we are allowed to share your Personally Identifiable Information with our third-party service providers to the extent we deem necessary and for the reasons stated in this Policy, and that we may do so until you opt out of such disclosures. If such disclosures are restricted, it might restrict our ability to perform the services or provide the services and goods you request from us.
Tracking User Behavior
StormWise may keep track of your usage of our Website and the pages within it you utilize, in order to determine what StormWise services and goods are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within StormWise to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by StormWise. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the StormWise website.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize StormWise pages, or register with the Website, a cookie helps StormWise recall your Personally Identifiable Information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your Personally Identifiable Information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the Website, the Personally Identifiable Information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Website features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Website and the Website may not work as intended.
Do Not Track Signals
Because there isn’t an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring Do Not Track signals, the Website does not respond to them.
Other Tracking Technologies
In addition to cookies, StormWise or its service providers may use web beacons, pixels, and similar tracking technologies on our Website. If you do not want cookie information to be associated with our Website and turn off cookies, web beacon, and other tracking technologies still detect visits but the notices they generate cannot be associated with other non-identifiable cookie information and are disregarded.
The Website may contain links to other sites or embedded third-party content. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of third-party websites, and expressly disclaim any liability arising out of your use of linked or embedded content to and from third-party websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of any other website that collects personally identifiable information. By visiting those websites, you do so freely and at your own risk.
Security of your Personal Information
StormWise secures your Personally Identifiable Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure using security measures we consider to be appropriate technical and organizational methods. StormWise uses SSL Protocol when personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted. All data is stored using standard TLS encryption.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the Website cannot be guaranteed.
While we make every effort to protect the Personally Identifiable Information you share with us through our Website, by your use of our Website you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the following:
- The Personally Identifiable Information you voluntarily share with us can be accessed or tampered with by a third-party at any time;
- You are responsible for making sure your Personally Identifiable Information is accurate and up to date;
- You control the type and amount of Personally Identifiable Information you share with us;
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your Personally Identifiable Information in your possession for use of the Website;
- It is your responsibility to make sure no one else uses tools you use through our Website, and that you log off or exit from such tools when done;
- You will not disclose any password you use to utilize our Website and will request to reset any such passwords that could be or are compromised;
- StormWise and its employees and agents are not responsible for any unpermitted intercepted Personally Identifiable Information or liable to you in any way for such unpermitted interception; and
- You release StormWise and its employees and agents from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted Personally Identifiable Information in any unauthorized manner.
Should a data breach of your Personally Identifiable Information occur, StormWise will notify you via email at the last known email address we have for you within 30 business days of the date we become aware of the breach.
Children Under Thirteen
StormWise does not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of eighteen through its Website or the provision of its services or sale of its goods. Please contact StormWise immediately if you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of eighteen has shared their Personally Identifiable Information with us and we will delete it immediately unless we are legally required to keep it.
From time to time, StormWise may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our services and goods, we may receive a notification when you open an email from StormWise or click on a link therein.
When sending you commercial content through email, StormWise agrees to the following:
- We will not use false or misleading header information;
- We will not use deceptive subject lines;
- We will tell you where we are located by providing you with a valid physical postal address;
- We will tell you how to opt out of receiving future commercial emails from us;
- We will honor your opt-out requests promptly and within 10 business days of receipt; and
- We will monitor what third-party email companies are doing on our behalf (if anything).
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your Personally Identifiable Information on servers provided by third-party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
How Long We Keep Your Information
Once your access to our Website and use of our services and goods end, we may keep your Personally Identifiable Information for as long as we are required to under the law, under contract, and according to our data retention policies then in place, whichever is longer. We will exercise all reasonable safeguards to protect your Personally Identifiable Information as long as we are in possession of the Personally Identifiable Information.
Changes to this Statement
StormWise reserves the right to change this Policy from time to time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat Personally Identifiable Information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your account, by placing a prominent notice on our Website, and/or by updating the Policy directly on this page. Your continued use of the Website and/or goods and services available through this Website after such modifications will constitute your: (a) acknowledgment of the modified Policy; and (b) agreement to abide and be bound by that Policy.
StormWise welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Policy. If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
Effective as of April 20, 2021