Hail Damage Repair Castle Rock
Castle Rock customers trust StormWise for high-quality hail damage repair. We know it may be inconvenient for you to come to our shop, and we offer free valet services to pick up your vehicle and bring it back after the repair.
We’ve thoughtfully designed our entire experience around your needs and your life, including during this difficult time of COVID-19.
Thorough Wash & Disinfection
Free Rental and Valet
Free Rental and Valet
Professional. Friendly. Simple.
Hail Damage Repair Experience
StormWise is not your regular hail repair shop in Castle Rock. Over the past twenty years, we’ve created a customer-centric practice truly designed around your needs. From free rental/valet services to insurance claim filing and paintless dent repair, we make it faster, easier, and more enjoyable to get your car 100% dent-free.
1. Get all the information you need
Contact us to get custom pricing for the damage on your vehicle – both on-site or over video – so you can get all the information right away and get back to your day quickly.
2. We take care of your insurance
No more hassle dealing with your insurance. We can file a claim with your provider and schedule an adjuster appointment on your behalf. We keep you in the loop and help you pay your deductible.
3. We take great care of your car
Drop off your car or ask us to pick it up. We remove dents with advanced PDR techniques to keep your factory paint warranty valid. Free rental or valet services provided, too.
Hail Damage in Colorado
There were 15 reported hailstorms within 10 miles of Castle Rock in 2019. The largest storm near Castle Rock was ice measuring 2.50 inches in June 2019.
The zipcode 80104 had the highest number of damaging hailstorms (6) near Castle Rock in 2019.
Hailstorms in Colorado mostly occur from May to July, but sometimes starts early in April and can lasts until September. Castle Rock, CO is especially prone to hail damage because Colorado sits in what the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration calls “Hail Alley”, which sees hail most frequently in the US, and more often than most of the world.
How large can hail get?
Hailstones vary from pea-sized to marble-sized and can sometimes grow to even baseball-sized. During the 2019 hailstorm season, baseball-sized hail pounded parts of Golden and Lakewood.
The largest hail on record was in Vivian, SD on June 23, 2010. It had a diameter of 8 inches and a circumference of 18.62 inches, and weighed 1 lb 15 oz, according to the NSSL.
How costly are hailstorms in Colorado?
According to National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB), Colorado had the second highest number of hail claims in the US from 2016-2018 (395,025), second only to Texas (811,381). In the last 10 years, hailstorms have caused more than $5 billion in insured damage in Colorado.
Weather scientists say that hail falls faster and hits harder in Colorado because of the high elevation. A one-inch hailstone that hits the ground at 50 mph at sea level, may travel at 54 mph in Colorado. Consequently, it can lead to greater damage. So if you’ve ever wondered why we seem to have so many hail damaged vehicles driving around Castle Rock, now you know!
Our neighbor city, Colorado Springs ranked number two in the nation for hail loss claims – 67,920 claims in 2019.
If you have comprehensive coverage on your auto insurance policy, hail damage is covered by almost all insurance companies. Comprehensive insurance is optional, but if you live in a hail prone area, the insurance industry recommends this coverage. It is part of the package you get with “full coverage,” so as long as that’s what you have (as opposed to “liability only”), you’re 100% covered if you get hailed on.
If you’re caught in a hailstorm when driving:
- Stop driving and safely pull to the side of the road. Help protect your car by seeking shelter under an overpass or in a structure with a strong roof – For example, a gas station. Stay away from the car windows and cover your face with clothing to protect it from possible broken glass.
- Don’t leave the vehicle until it stops hailing. Once the hail stops and you’re parked at a safe place, photograph any damage.
- Cover or tape any broken windows to protect your vehicle from any further damage. Insurance can refuse to cover damage caused to the interior of the car in cases of broken glass because you “failed to make a reasonable effort to prevent further damage.”
- Give us a call to make a claim right away. (720) 439-9533
- Keep in mind that your car was probably not the only one affected by the hailstorm, and you may have long wait times when calling in. During hail season, it may take longer than usual to process your insurance claim and repair your vehicle. So act now!
StormWise Serves Castle Rock
StormWise Serves Castle Rock
StormWise has served Castle Rock customers for more than 10 years. We offer free valet services to pick up your vehicle and bring it back after the repair. If your insurance doesn’t cover rentals, we’ll provide a rental car for you for free.
Monday: 9am – 5pm
Tuesday: 9am – 5pm
Wednesday: 9am – 5pm
Thursday: 9am – 5pm
Friday: 9am – 5pm
Saturday: 9am – 4pm
Sunday: 9am – 4pm