This information is for people that have never had auto hail damage repair before. Many people may be scared about the process, and that’s why we’ve created a step-by-step guide to give an idea of what you can expect:
- You are going to contact your insurance provider to file a claim. We CAN do this for you as well, but it’s your call if you’d prefer us to call or you.
Important Tip: Call the claims number on the back of your insurance card, do NOT call your agent. And if the rep tries to talk to you into taking your car to a direct repair shop, just know that you aren’t required to do that. If the rep tells you that you MUST, just get your claim number and give us a call and we can handle it.
- If they give you an appointment with the adjuster, ask if you could have them come to your house, office, or OUR SHOP. We are happy to handle that inspection and the other parts of the repair process, and actually prefer to be involved from the beginning.
If they cannot come to you, they may ask you to visit a catastrophe tent (“cat tent”) set up in your area due to the number of claims your insurance company might receive.
- If you’ve done your research and determined that we are your best option (as most people in Colorado, Click here for proof) just Call StormWise at (720) 439-9533 to have a free professional estimate and schedule an appointment to drop off your vehicle for repairs.
We also offer a Virtual Estimate option!
- You can come to us or we can pick up your vehicle from your home or office for free with Zero-Touch Process! We’ll have you e-sign a few documents later after the car is at our shop that we will email to you, which means we only will ask you for your e-mail address and are able to respect social distancing rules in today’s climate.
Then, if you have rental coverage, we’ll give you a ride to Enterprise or Hertz. If you don’t have rental coverage, don’t worry! StormWise will get you a rental while we repair your car!
- In the process of repairing the hail damage, we will remove a few parts from your car to gain access to the underside of damage panels. For example, if your front fender has damage, we’ll remove a headlight, or if your roof has damage, we’ll remove your headliner, and so on.
Do NOT stress out about the R&I (Remove and Install) process required to do paintless dent repair, even if your car is brand new. Also we give a Lifetime Guarantee on the work we do. Remember, we do this for a living, year round, all day every day. Therefore, we’re VERY good at this!
- We will repair all the dents using paintless dent repair. We use specialized tools to flex and bend the metal back to its original shape, minimizing the possibility of damage to the original vehicle paint. This technique is the preferred method to fix your hail damage so this that your vehicle isn’t devalued by traditional auto body paint and bodywork.
- We will replace any necessary parts. The most common parts effected with hail damage are moldings on the door windows, roof drip moldings, pinstriping, headlights, taillights, or other chrome trim pieces. We order only OEM parts directly from the dealership (unless your insurance requires us to do otherwise).
- We will put the car back together, perform a mini-detail on the exterior and interior of the car, then call you to arrange a pickup or delivery to your home, office or rental facility for free.
- When you get your vehicle completely repaired, we will go over the repairs we did, you will inspect the car and make sure you absolutely love it. From there, we will go over the StormWise receipt booklet that contains:
- Your receipt: Did we tell you that we waive up to a $1000 deductible*? This means you likely will pay $0 out of pocket.
- Final Estimate: this contains everything we repaired on your vehicle and the parts we replaced.
- Lifetime Warranty Certificate: we warranty all of our workmanship for as long as you own the vehicle.
- Recommendation Cards: We will hand you a couple of them to give away to your friends/family/neighbors/coworkers to use us for their hail damage repair… you can get $100 cash if they come under your recommendation! Also feel free to leave us a review on Google, Yelp or Facebook to let them know how your experience was.
At StormWise we love to help our customers, and we really hope this guide has answered some of your questions.
*Deductibles $1000 and less can be waived 99.9% of the time. Have a deductible higher than $1000? Contact Us, we may be able to work something out.